Humanim’s Deaf Services programs are offered to individuals who need vocational or social support on either a short or long term basis. We assist individuals who are deaf in obtaining and maintaining employment through our vocational support services, including job readiness, job training, job placement, and job coaching. For individuals not yet ready for employment, Humanim offers a Day Program to assist individuals who are deaf and developmentally disabled to develop communication, social skills, life skills, and pre-employment skills. We offer a bilingual environment (American Sign Language and English), and provide a team approach to services. Our team approach assures service expertise at all phases of programming. Our team includes:
The Case Manager
- Directs support regarding medical, psychological, vocational and financial challenges.
- Addresses issues that present a barrier to the individual's employment opportunities.
- Collaborates with the individual to identify desired service outcomes and develop service goals.
The Job Developer
- Provides successful employment placement for the individual based on his or her specific skill levels.
- Assesses individual skills.
- Develops detailed analyses of job opportunities.
- Provides ongoing support for the consumer during the application, interview and orientation processes.
- Provides training and support to employers during this process.
The Job Coach
- Provides on-site support after job placement.
- Provides the appropriate level of training, advocacy and facilitation of communication with the individuals served and their employers.
The Rehabilitation Counselor
- Provides direct support to the individual in the Day Program setting, individually and in groups.
- Works with individuals to develop communication skills, social skills, daily life skills, and pre-vocational skills.
Programs and services include
- Rehabilitation Employment for Deaf Individuals (REDI): Provides vocational services for individuals who require short-term vocational support.
- Rehabilitation Services for the Deaf (RSD)/Supported Employment: Provides vocational job assessment, training, job placement, and job coaching designed to encourage maximum independence and to promote community and worksite integration.
Deaf Services Day Program
- Provides skills teaching and community integration activities in a group environment for deaf individuals with developmental disabilities who require a structured environment.